Dierbergs Markets - Snarky attendant at self-checkout

2.0

January 2, 2017 --- I approached the self-checkout,and began bagging my merchandise. As I was leaving, instead of the customary "Have a nice day" that they render, since time immemorial, this snarky, low-rent employee abruptly turned her head and stepped away from her post, all to avoid saying anything to me.

I thought nothing of it, until I looked back and saw her pointing to me and snickering with a co-worker. Don't know why. I was cleanly dressed, shaven, and well-groomed. I went back the next day JUST TO SEE IF IT WOULD HAPPEN again.

This time, because she noticed that I caught her the day before, she was a bit more careful, and said what they're supposed to say --- 'Have a nice day." The very idea that people like this can hold jobs interfacing with the public speaks volumes of why St. Louis is one of the most violent cities in Mid America.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dierbergs Markets Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Self-checkout staff.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 30, 2017.

Comments

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1279415

That was the stupidest review I ever read. You don't need a worker to tell you to have a nice day. Just buy your groceries and leave the store..and grow up!

Dierbergs Markets - Dierbergs - brentwood mo

1.5

Racial Profiling at Dierbergs in Brentwood MO: this week of November 21, 2016 - I was very, very closely followed by a black male manager, from the moment I walked into the grocery store. This year, I've been closely followed by white male and female managers.

Apparently any african-american female who's casually dressed is considered a felon or homeless. Here are the insults, I'm : not homeless/ not dressed homeless/ never been arrested/ not living on other peoples tax dollars / not under suspicion AND I have a legitimate income.

I encourage ALL black females to start videotaping on their cell phones, then send the footage to local and national media. Again, I was very, very closely followed this week, by the black male manager.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 23, 2016.